Thursday, 21 July 2011

Scorpion: the legionaries’ sting!

I've managed to steal some time to make quite a bit of progress with the scorpions: I've assembled and painted the crew figures and assembled two scorpions (I'm not sure of the latin here, but I'll correct it when I've found out).

I admit I've been a bit distracted by my Roman artillery project, but these have been fun pieces to do and make a nice change from painting another century of legionaries. I'm looking forward to cracking on with my western archers for the same reason ...

Two scorpiones. These are nicely detailed but require careful removal of mould lines, which is tricky, especially around the tops of the twisted skeins.

I have used the metal figures from Warlord Games’ war machines set with the plastic figures from the Scorpion Battery set. The detailing of the latter’s plastic figures has much in common with the metal sculpts, so they mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment