Tuesday, 26 July 2011

First auxiliary cavalryman

I decided to start work on my first cavalry turma. These will comprise eight figures (at a figure ratio of 3:1) giving a slightly under-strength unit.

I have 16 1st Corps figures waiting to be assembled and painted. These come as a mix of spear- and sword-armed figures, with a preponderance of the former. I decided to have each turma armed differently, one with spears and one with swords.

I’m making the extra swords from arms left over from the Warlord Games’ dromedarii.


Carefully removing the hand, shaping the hilt, guard and pommel produces a passable result.

No comments:

Post a Comment