Saturday 23 December 2017

Pressing on with the auxilia

I think I have fallen out of love with my Warlord Games’ Early Imperial Romanslooking longingly at the Victrix offerings, while really enjoying the experience of painting the latter’s Numidian infantry.

While I sort myself out over this I have decided to finish all the auxilia figures that I have. These comprise a centuria of Warlord Games auxiliary infantry, a centuria of Victrix auxiliary Numidian infantry, and a turma of 1st Corps auxiliary cavalry.

The standard of Victrix’s sculpting is excellent, with fabric folds cut in well and reasonably well undercut. The crisp mouldings make the figures pretty easy to paint.

I want to have the infantry finished and the cavalry started by New Year.


Work in progress: Auxiliary infantry and auxiliary Numidian infantry about half way to being finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment